Tuesday 26 September 2017

Retro Rubber 72 - DT Card

Welcome to Retro Rubber, the challenge that encourages you to look up your old stamps and give them some ink. This week, we'd like you to look up your backlist of stamps and make a card that uses some form of transportation.


When I first started stamping and I hadn't yet become a Stampin' Up girl, I dipped my feet into the world of on-line purchasing and got a few things from Clearly Besotted. This was around late 2014/early 2015. Included in that purchase a set called Good Times. It has this cute bicycle and various accessories such as the basket and a flight of butterflies.



Good Times is teamed up here with some new Stampin' Up product: the ombre Crushed Curry DSP from the Colour Theory suite, the Pick a Pattern washi tape and the enamel shapes. I think the Calypso Coral twine is now retired.


We'd love you to join up with this challenge with your own transportation creation.
Just remember that you need to use at least one stamp older than a year, give us some indication of how old it is and don't link up to more than ten challenges in total.

You have two weeks to join in with us and we'd love to see what you do.

If you live in New Zealand and don't have a demonstrator, please contact me. I'd love to help you with ideas and with Stampin' Up products. You can message me on my Facebook page, linked in the sidebar of this blog or leave a comment below.

Ingredients
Card: Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Colour Theory DSP
Stamps: Clearly Besotted Good Times
Inks: Tuxedo Black, Calypso Coral
Other: Clearly Besotted Good Times dies, Pick a Pattern washi tape, dimensionals, Calypso Coral thick baker's twine, enamel shapes
All products Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I have this set, too....one of my favorites from CB! Love the little butterflies and hearts flying out of the basket!! CUTE! Can't wait to play with this challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card Jan - I love the washi tape along the bottom and the creative use of the striped paper behind your sweet bicycle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, Jan! The cute butterflies and heart enamel shapes are wonderful touches for this sweet ride. This DSP has been a tough one for me to use but you made it look so easy - a sign of a very talented cardmaker. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Debbie - that's such a lovely thing to say. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. So cute! I love these bright happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card, great color combination. I like the "paint color chip" look to the background paper.

    ReplyDelete